Wednesday 15 January 2014

Flash Mob, Cardiff #sooverit

Flash mob experience.
It was nearly two months ago now that we were given the brief to take part in a flash mob, at first my heart sank as I really don’t like drama. It scares me to death, I dropped that subject way back in year 9, as soon as I didn’t have to do it anymore. So we were put into groups with some third year drama students and shared some ideas on what we could do for our flash mob and where we could do it. At first we came up with the idea to go with identity and how everyone dresses the same, following a celebrity influence, but trying to break out of this mould. After a little while together we had to all go our separate ways for the rest of the day, we made a group on facebook so we could all talk when we weren’t together.
The next time we met only half of our group turned up, a day before the actual flash mob was suppose to happen, so we talked and talked and talked and worked around it. We spent all that day deciding, changing and practicing as our whole idea from the first time we talked had changed, we were now doing social media and how everyone follows each other like sheep. So we all decided we would all wear black and have a sheep mask on. We practised and then there was no more that could be done the flab mob was tomorrow and I was quite nervous.
Of course we were last so we watched everyone do there’s and then it was our turn. We chose to locate it in St.davids centre by Starbucks and Debenhams, we all came from different directions and soon it had begun, we started by getting into a circle and taking selfies then started moving around the space, we then got into a circle and took photo’s of one of our group members inside, showing her as the centre of attention, we then moved onto a tweeting noise (tweeting those photos) which is the sound of the twitter bird, after that we moved onto hashtags and ended with a group photo saying #picoftheday, we then dispersed and then it was over as quick as it had begun.

I think my experience of being apart of a flash mob was a lot better than I thought. I was glad to have the mask on though other wise I couldn’t have done it, because I cant keep a straight face to save my life. I enjoyed it when we were performing, I enjoyed meeting new people from the drama group and I enjoyed understanding a different way to promote fashion, a gurrella marketing scheme almost. I also laughed so much and it was a nice way to blow off steam, from all the work we had been doing in the previous weeks and weeks to come. It was nice to be apart of something completely different. 




 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment