Friday 17 January 2014

Working with what you've got.


Vintage is everywhere and it’s probably the most sort after fashion item for a fashionista and fashion blogger. But I wanted to show that its not just us lot trying to be cool, whapping out blasts from the pasts, its actually quite cheap if you can find some retro pieces that have come back into fashion lying around the house, and to be honest as a student I need cheap. Going through your nans get ups from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s can be quite amazing to say the least. I got my love of fashion from my Nonna (nan) she is very inspirational to me. Her love of fashion has always shined through and I feel very lucky to be able to wear her things as it means a lot to me. Also as my family owns a fashion business (started by my Nonna) when my mum and auntie were young they got to go to London when buying for the shop, they would always came back with the most amazing shoes and crazy tops. And as we have all always been interested in fashion they didn’t really throw anything away, so when I get the chance to have a rummage through the archives almost, I go without hesitation. What I wanted to explore in this blog post was how to use vintage pieces to your advantage, as we all have different tastes I will be doing a few different looks that you can incorporate and change with your wardrobe. It’s about using what you’ve already got if your in a after Christmas money slump like me. I’ve use some similar base pieces with just one or two vintage pieces to show how much you can change an outfit by small changes, without having to buy new things all the time.



The first outfit uses an oversized vintage shirt of my aunties, I put it with my black wet look leggings and leather jacket for a more modern look and added silver docs and accessories. I wanted to go for a 80's feel with this outfit and taking elements from that era, the oversized shirt, the leather and the red lipstick. Ive kept the wet look leggings the same in each to show how much an outfit can be changed. 




My second outfit is again using a vintage piece, a jumper of my Nonna's. I went for quite a quirky laid back look with this outfit.

Vintage is always in fashion but has been more so in the last couple years, the 90’s trend has come back and mama jeans and scrunchies are storming the uk. There are many vintage shops in Cardiff and all over the country, vintage is considered as quirky and unique in our world of fashion and its fun to make your own as blasts from the pasts are always fun, either cringey or cool, you decide.

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment